The Foundation has a long history of involvement with the fine arts community, principally through associations with the National Gallery of Victoria and the Potter Museum at the University of Melbourne.
Over the years, the Foundations fine arts projects have had a number of over-arching themes including:
- providing the opportunity for established artists to pursue new directions in the context of their existing body of work
- developing collections that showcase important, discrete aspects of our cultural heritage
- making significant artworks available for public enjoyment
- encouraging fine arts scholarship, professional development and the nexus between arts practice and education
- supporting the publication of exhibition catalogues, institution histories and collection overviews
- enabling institutions to undertake important projects that have low public awareness.